Monday, February 4, 2008
The Weekend
This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to Pres. Hinckley's viewing and funeral. It was two of the best opportunities I have ever had in my life and I had to jump at them. We got to Salt lake at about 5pm and had to stand in line for the viewing. 4 hours outside the conference and two hours inside we finally got to see President Hinckley. Those six hours of freezing air and whipping wind was worth the two minutes we got to be that close to a prophet of our church. He looked so peaceful and happy and from this sight I knew everything was going to be okay. On Saturday, we went to the funeral. Protestors were of course outside, but the spirit was so strong they were not able to take away from the experience. Flowers and bouquets lined the stage and as President Hinckley and his family arrived all went quiet. His casket was beautiful and the roses laid on them were beautiful as well. President Monson conducted the meeting and I could just tell that he was ready to be the next president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Talks, music and slideshows were amazing and the spirit just uplifted everyone there. I am so grateful I had the opportunity to go and will never regret a thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would have to agree in saying that the funeral awesome. I didn't get to go, but I watched it on t.v. The spirit was so strong and I could just feel that President Hinckley is happy to be with his wife again.
Post a Comment